I feel like my life lately has become a cycle of bake, photograph, eat, repeat. A vicious (yet tasty!) cycle. I’m not really complaining because baking is my passion and this blog gives purpose to my passion. But I do feel my brain slowly turning to mush as I’ve not been putting it to any stimulating, academic usage this summer (I have read two books if that counts, and the other day I doubled a recipe, which involved simple math). Ah well, I suppose it’ll be back to school soon enough! In the meantime, today I am sharing with you the best, fudgiest, most delicious brownie recipe I have ever made in my life…
Get ready for this…
They are truly spectacular…
These beauties are three musketeers fudge brownies! The bottom layer is, well, a brownie (it can be any brownie recipe you like, even a box mix if you’re short of time, because the top layer is the real showstopper). The top later is fudge. Sweetened condensed milk melted down with an entire bag of chocolate chips, topped with chopped three musketeers bars. Seriously. This is real life. These brownies are so intensely rich. They’re a chocolate/candy lover’s dream.
In my last post, I called the Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars “perfection,” but that was before these brownies came into my life.
After making these, I’m newly excited to begin experimenting with fudge. Whenever I go to the beach, they always sell fudge at all of the boardwalk candy shops. All kinds of creamy looking fudge in every imaginable flavor. I can’t wait to share with you what kind of fudge I end up making, but I have a few ideas that involve Nutella and/or sprinkles.
Three Musketeers Fudge Brownies
What you will need:
For the brownies (if not using your own recipe)
1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Fudge
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (11 oz) bag Fun Sized 3 Musketeers bars, chopped
Making the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through.
Making the Fudge/Assembly:
- Bake brownies in 9×9 pan, according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- When cooled sprinkle half of the chopped 3 Musketeers bars on top of brownie evenly.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in bowl. Melt together over a double boiler.
- When melted pour over brownies and chopped candy bars, spreading evenly. Press remaining candy bars into the fudge layer.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow fudge to set.
- Cut into squares.
*Brownie recipe from: http://picky-palate.com/2012/10/08/one-bowl-homemade-chocolate-chunk-and-toffee-chip-brownies/
*Fudge recipe from: http://cookiesandcups.com/3-musketeers-fudge-brownies/